My Goal, My Ambition

Everyone has their own point as the parameter of being satisfied with their life. Sometimes, or mostly, we measure that we've succeeded if we begin to see the realization of our dream. Each and every person must have different perspective on how the perfect life looks like, what is the specification of a dream, and any other things related to achieving goals. My point is, everyone's got their own goal and ambition because they have different passion and things that they're interested in.

For me, my ideal future is to become a doctor, having a stable job while doing what I want and what I love and interacting with real humans plus being able to help them. Such a rewarding job, when I imagine it. See, I don't choose to be a doctor for no reason. For the purpose of being a noble worker, being praised as the medical front-liner, and having prestigious brain because of the education journey a doctor must've gone through. It's not about that, I think, at least not for me. 

I would really love to be a doctor because I love problem-solving. When I see a problem, it's nice if a have a solution to by critically thinking and processing that case, working my mind, and rewiring the connection in my brain so that there's an answer to a so-called unsolvable question. Being a doctor, problem-solving is like the entire point of the job, well, not like the big picture, no. But I mean doctors fix people's problem, they solve what's wrong in their body, and doing what's best for their patients so that their problem when their patients first met the doctors would be gone after a few appointments, loads of drugs, and dozens of stitch (maybe yes, or no.). 

However, I don't think it's just about having medical knowledge so that they could solve all of the problems like any kinds of disorders, diseases, or syndromes. The thing that is also crucial for being in this job, is empathy and communicative. Treating people that struggles on their lives and sometimes want to give it up is not an effortless thing to do. They need to build social connection with their patients in order the doctors and the patients can communicate clearly about what the patients are struggling with and what the doctors can do to fix it.

Looking at the previous statement that I made, I imagine being a doctor needs a big brain and  a heart of gold. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I mean I also think there are tons of other things that we have to be qualified of if we want to do this job. However, seeing those two things, I've already interested by how that job relates to me and I would like to do what doctors do for my living, if I could.

Educationally, I prefer to learn biology than any science subjects in school. I enjoy spending so much time reading about it, and whenever I got stuck about it, I could just take a break and continue where I left off and my mood is got back up, not a problem. Then, when we're talking about the specification or the qualification of a doctor, I think I also relate to that. I like public speaking, I like talking to people and listening to their problem. See, maybe a lot of people can say so but the truth is, we can't judge ourselves that we're good at this, we're good at that. Neither can I. Haha. But, just to be clear, at least I'm proud of it and I don't compare those skills to everybody else for no reason, especially for the reason to scare myself off because I'm not good enough. 

Well, why I think having a good communication skill, public speaking, and empathizing is important because doctors work with real human with real problems, duh. If a miscommunication happens, not just between doctors and patients, but within doctors and doctors could also be fatal. So I think being able to communicate clearly with the right way, and a technique that make all of your messages could be delivered easily to the receiver is consequential.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nicos Weg: German Film Review

The Importance of Reading Books